This is a really simple export routine for VMware using a custom button.
In an implementation I would maybe wrap this with
- A dialog to offer different export locations and naming of the export to include date/time stamp and maybe a checkbox to enable disable the overwrite of existing exports.
- Add in the approval system, basically some workloads should require authorisation by a manager to allow the export, we could do this by tag, and capture this in the method.
- Some error checking and folder creation stuff in the simple method.
Continue reading “Exporting VM (VMware)”
This post will solve anything! Quite simply anything you can script, code or model in CloudFORMS you can call externally too using simple web services.
We will need a few things as follows;
- A sample method that we can call
- A ruby script to call our web services and execute our sample method.
Continue reading “CloudFORMS and Simple WebServices (RUBY)”
You want to delete a Template in RHEV from the CloudFORMS UI, but how?
This is easy, because the ReST API’s are so lovely in RHEV. Here is how;
Create a custom button that will execute your method, remember this is for VM Template and not just VM.
Now create the Automate parts, (if you need assistance on the general wiring of automate, try here first)
Continue reading “Delete Template from Disk (RHEV)”
CloudFORMS lacks currently the ability to create a template from an existing VM, here is the method to enable this function from a custom button.
First you need a dialog to collect from the new user the name of the template, so create a dialog of your liking, including at least;
Textbox – Name = dialog_name
Continue reading “Create Template from VM (RHEV)”