In this post, we speak with Peter McGowan, author of Mastering CloudForms Automation, to find out about his interest in CloudForms automation and the process behind bringing his book to reality. You can download an electronic copy of the book from the Red Hat Customer Portal.
Continue reading “Creating “Mastering CloudForms Automation””
To recuperate costs from running a cloud infrastructure, IT organizations often need to charge users for virtual machines they have provisioned. CloudForms contains chargeback functionality that helps facilitate charging users for the resources their virtual machines use. The administrator is able to set rates based on compute, network, and storage resources. Reports can then be run to calculate the chargeback for each virtual machine.
One of the requests customers often have prior to the virtual machine being ordered, is to be able to show the user what the cost of the virtual machine will be.
Continue reading “Display Estimated VM Cost during Service Provisioning”
Here are my slides from Red Hat Summit, its a repeat of the OpenStack Summit presentation with two important things!
- The videos are now all up individually on youtube.
- It now includes the Heat/Cloudformations orchestration demonstration.
Here are the slides, the videos can be found in links after each relevant slide. Enjoy!
Continue reading “Red Hat Summit OpenStack Management with CloudForms”
This is a really simple export routine for VMware using a custom button.
In an implementation I would maybe wrap this with
- A dialog to offer different export locations and naming of the export to include date/time stamp and maybe a checkbox to enable disable the overwrite of existing exports.
- Add in the approval system, basically some workloads should require authorisation by a manager to allow the export, we could do this by tag, and capture this in the method.
- Some error checking and folder creation stuff in the simple method.
Continue reading “Exporting VM (VMware)”