This video highlights the role-based access controls within Red Hat CloudForms and how they can be tied into Microsoft Active Directory, to leverage a company’s existing user and group structure. The goal of the video is to help customers understand how they can integrate CloudForms into their organizational structure with rather minimal setup.
Continue reading “Setting up Red Hat CloudForms with Microsoft Active Directory (Video)”
In this short video, we specifically look at service management within Red Hat CloudForms. The demonstration highlights the following platform capabilities:
- Self-Service portal with lifecycle, operations management and reporting
- Service Catalog presented to end-user consumers
- Service Definition, built as stand-alone, or from service composites
- Life-cycle status monitoring and notifications
- Usage consumption and chargeback reports
Continue reading “Services Management using Red Hat CloudForms (Video)”
This week, we look at Red Hat CloudForms capabilities for self-service and how it can be used to manage services across private, public and hybrid clouds. We explore:
- self-service portal for end-user consumers
- service catalog with examples of deployments (new infrastructure, multi-tier application, etc)
- service dialog allowing customization and automation
- day 2 operations, services life-cycle and monitoring
- remote access using Cockpit administration tools
Continue reading “Self-Service Capabilities using Red Hat CloudForms (Video)”
This week, we explore Red Hat CloudForms cloud management platform (CMP) and its capability to manage multiple clouds. This demonstration video focuses on hybrid management and highlights some of its key features. These include:
- infrastructure and cloud visibility,
- centralized management of virtual machines, instances and containers,
- workload lifecycle management and day 2 operations,
- historical reports and dashboards, including showback and chargeback,
- resource monitoring and optimization,
- compliance and governance with security policies and alerts.
Continue reading “Hybrid Management using Red Hat CloudForms (Video)”
In the following weeks, I will post few videos recorded using Red Hat CloudForms 4.2. This first one is a short demonstration highlighting the latest enhancements coming with this release, including:
- New dashboards for all infrastructure providers
- Topology views for infrastructure, cloud, containers, network and middleware providers
- Performance improvements
- Administration tools using Cockpit
- Networks enhancements for cloud providers (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- New Middleware provider, including Hawkular integration
- Notifications enhancements
Continue reading “What’s New in Red Hat CloudForms 4.2 (Video)”
The big news today is the launch of CloudForms 4.2. This release represents months of work and over 1,800 improvements to the CloudForms code base. We’ve highlighted some of the main features of this release below.
Continue reading “Announcing CloudForms 4.2!”
The CloudForms team is proud to announce the release of CloudForms 4.2 Beta1. Based on the ManageIQ Euwe release, this release contains over 1,300 enhancements and bug fixes and is the result of about 6 months of upstream development.
Continue reading “CloudForms 4.2 Beta 1”
When talking to IT leaders about Red Hat CloudForms, we often point out the time and cost savings that CloudForms can have on their organization. While we have several customer success stories that highlight the various benefits of CloudForms to each organization, we wanted a more formal study of the business value that CloudForms could bring to an organization. To that end, Red Hat commissioned a study, conducted by IDC, to look at the business value of CloudForms. This blog post will highlight some of their findings, with IDC’s complete report available for review.
Continue reading “The Business Value of Red Hat CloudForms”
The CloudForms 4.1 release (June ’16) delivered a new format for the CloudForms appliance: as a container in docker format. CloudForms has led the way by offering the appliance in several different virtualization and cloud formats, such as:
- Red Hat Virtualization
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform
- Google Cloud Platform
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft SCVMM (Hyper-v)
- VMware vSphere
With the new CloudForms container you can now host CloudForms on:
- Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise 3
- Red Hat Atomic Host (7.2 or higher)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (7.2 or higher)
- Anywhere using docker
Continue reading “CloudForms as a Container”
The VMworld 2016 US event is approaching and Red Hat will be there to showcase our Management portfolio. This includes Red Hat CloudForms which provides unified management for container, virtual, private, and public cloud infrastructures.
With this in mind, we thought it would be a good time to recap how easy it is to deploy Red Hat CloudForms in a VMware virtualized environment. Deploying CloudForms for VMware is very straightforward and consists of three steps to get to an implemented solution that gives full visibility of your VMware infrastructure.
Continue reading “Getting started with managing VMware with Red Hat CloudForms”