Today marks the general availability of Red Hat CloudForms 4.6, as announced in the recent Press Release. One of the key highlights of the release is the introduction of Lenovo XClarity as the first physical infrastructure provider, enabling CloudForms to go beyond hybrid cloud management and manage hybrid infrastructure.
CloudForms 4.6 continues to build on the automation-centric approach to multi-cloud management that was introduced in 4.5, aligning with Red Hat’s vision to simplify IT management with Ansible’s powerful automation capabilities.
Additional enhancements focus on provider capabilities and usability. Let’s take a closer look at what’s new in CloudForms 4.6, and be sure to check back in on this blog for more detailed posts on many of these new capabilities in the coming weeks.
- New Lenovo XClarity Provider: enables CloudForms to discover and manage Lenovo physical compute infrastructure alongside virtual and multi-cloud through a single pane of glass.
- Ansible Automation Inside:
- Call Ansible playbooks as methods in state machines, allowing for hybrid Ruby and Ansible orchestration.
- Compute resource linking in services, providing visibility of Ansible deployed compute items.
- Provide a foundational layer to curate Ansible modules, adding secure authentication for Ansible callbacks to CloudForms.
- Support additional Ansible credentials, including OpenStack, Azure, Google, Satellite, Subversion, GitLab, as well as Ansible Networking.
- Additional provider enhancements: Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, Red Hat OpenStack, Red Hat Virtualization
- Usability enhancements for the Administrative User Interface
- Dynamic Resource Objects to quickly add the capability to provision and collect data on resources not supported by Red Hat CloudForms
- Prometheus Alert Management
- New service editor for easier service design
- Create custom buttons in the Administrative Interface for frequent actions
- Operations User Interface
- Enhanced snapshot management with more views for increased visibility
- Improved user experience for resource details
- Enhanced service dialog with validation of dialog fields as you type and more tool tips
- Create custom buttons in the Operations User Interface for frequent actions
- Additional Operations User Interface customization options to meet customer requirements for branding and access control