Wow! We can’t believe it’s almost time for another exciting Red Hat Summit!
This year, aside from all the super interesting sessions we usually have, please, take a look at our keynote speakers! Satya Nadella, Microsoft CEO will be on stage with Jim
This year it will be in Boston, MA from May 7 until May 9
You can find more information here https://www.redhat.com/en/summit/2019
CloudForms 4.7 is ready to be deployed on your systems, you can find more information in the Press Release and you can download the packages from the official Red Hat site
It provides the following key enhancements:
- Improved Ansible Tower Integration: support for Workflows as a Catalog Item, support for Organization Structure.
- Updates for managing OpenStack platforms: Storage refresh improvement, OverCloud Dashboard, Private Key Download.
- Additional management capabilities for Red Hat Virtualization: Refresh performance improvements, Dynamic Sysprep support.
- User Experience Enhancement: Multi-appliance configuration sharing, global region reporting tenants with the same name.
- Lenovo Xclarity update: Inventory of racks, blades, chassis and switches, topology updates better handling of status, out-of-the-box dashboard.
- New Provider: Redfish compliant standard hardware can be discovered and inventoried. Detailed views and relationships. Power operations and topology views. Tech preview
- New provider for Nuage, which gives the ability to manage its networking services from CloudForms
The CloudForms team is proud to announce the release of CloudForms 4.7 Beta1. Based on the ManageIQ Hammer release, this release contains several enhancements and bug fixes and is the result of about many months of upstream development.
Some of the notable enhancements include:
- Ansible improvements, including integration with external Ansible Tower workflows.
- Enhancements in OpenStack: new Dashboard and the ability to discover OpenStack Director Providers
- New provider for Nuage, which gives the ability to manage its services from CloudForms
- New provider for Red Fish (Tech Preview) that allows managing physical services in a similar way as we manage virtual machines
- Improvements in the Lenovo providers, like rack topology or Ansible playbook execution against physical resources
For more details and a list of all other improvements see the release notes.
We’d like to encourage all of our customers to download the beta from access.redhat.com and to try it out. Any issues can be reported by opening a case with Red Hat support.
We cannot be more excited!!! Peter just finished work on an addendum to the ‘Mastering Automation’ book, to bring it up to date with some of the great new automate features in CloudForms 4.5 & 4.6.
Please let us know your thoughts on this!
Red Hat held an event on the infrastructure part of our portfolio in Milan and Rome on April 17th and 19th, 2018. Part of the demos presented was focused on the Automation topic managed with Red Hat Ansible and Red Hat Ansible Tower:
The event information and agenda is available at:
This is the third part of the series of articles written by my colleague Rinaldo Bergamini you can find them here and here.
In this part, I would like to show you how you can Automate “everything” with Red Hat Ansible and Ansible Tower.
Continue reading “Infrastructure Tour Italy Part 3”
Last week we held a Hackathon in Berlin thanks to Christian Jung and Fabien Dupont. We had 35 attendees contributing to 12 tracks covering tons of topics related to State Machines, Ansible, Dynamic Resource Object and High Availability
If you want to join us next time, please let us know! We will be more than happy!
Continue reading “CloudForms Hackathon Berlin 18-22 June 2018”