In this article, we continue the Ansible Series with a new video that shows how we can execute an Ansible playbook from the CloudForms REST API.
In this video, we are using Postman which is a REST API testing framework. Of course you can use any tool you are comfortable with e.g. CURL, Ruby, Python or anything that can execute REST API calls.
Continue reading “Launch Ansible Playbooks from CloudForms REST API (Video)”
Here is a lab I put together for a recent event, it was well received and I think it is very valuable to the ManageIQ and CloudForms user bases.
In the lab you will GET and POST RESTapi actions. Its a basic look at some common use cases such as,
- Query a VM’s hardware inventory.
- Query the VMS for any who are tagged with “Function/Database”
- Show the tags on a specific VM
- Create new Category and Tag in the appliance
- Assign a Category/Tag to a VM
- Provision a VM
- Query the status of the Provision request.
Continue reading “RESTapi – A teach yourself lab!”